As fashion furiously moves forward, season after season, I can’t help but take a look back into the past. While S/S08 collections were presented in the Fall of 2007 (which is only under 2 years ago), Chanel has been a busy label pushing out 10 collections since then, including Ready-to-wear, Resort, and Couture. S/S08, though I don’t care for any of the clothes, was a very intriguing collection for me based on the plethora of brilliant accessories.
Keep reading to see why…
Loaded with options, let’s start from the arms, and work our way down:
1. Stacked block-letter bangles + silver dual finger glove
- Love the fun, child-like aspect from the bangles. Wearing multiples is truly the only way to go. Chanel is always designed to draw in the eye and grab attention. Speaking of attention-grabbing, can we discuss the gun-shaped finger-glove? Two-words: lethal weapon.
2. The quintessential Chanel bag with windowed porthole+ uber mini ankle purse
- The porthole filled with various Chanel broaches/pins/buttons is another chic touch to such a classic bag that will never go out of style. The ankle purse (in red and black) is one of my favourite accessories from the collection. Seulement Karl.
3. Silver and Black lace-up wedge booties + “CC” insert heeled pump.
- I don’t even know where to begin. Ok, the wedge booties. I’m truly surprised I haven’t seen them worn on many celebs/fashion folk since their debut. They are, for me, a fantastic basic for every woman (if you have the confidence, go for the silver). The “CC” inserted in the center of the heel is beyond innovative. Elles sont parfait.
Basically, collections containing this much fabulousness cannot be forgotten. [K]